Sweet Catalan cream croquettes
Some sweet kibbles to put in an appetizer party, or for dessert at a dinner party…
We can take our lidl thermomix and make this recipe just by dirtying our robot’s jug.
130 gr. of panela sugar
7 strips of lemon peel, only the yellow part
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
500 g semi-skimmed milk
1 cinnamon stick
5 egg yolks
20 gr of cornstarch
90 g wheat flour
1 tsp. vanilla essence
1 pinch of salt
Glace and cinnamon
- Put sugar, three strips of lemon and two teaspoons of ground cinnamon in the glass and set aside 10S PROGRESSIVE SPEED 5-10.
- Without washing the jug, put the butterfly and add the milk, the remains of the lemon peel and the cinnamon stick and program 9M 100º V1 and let it rest outside the machine in the 10M jug covered with a lid or plate. After 10M, strain the milk and set aside.
- Put the butterfly again and add the reserved milk, the reserved sugar with the cinnamon, the 5 egg yolks, the cornstarch, the flour, the vanilla essence and a pinch of salt and program 15S V4 and then program 18M 90º V3 again.
- We remove the butterfly and pass it to a cake sleeve, we leave it outside for an hour and then we pass it to the fridge all night.
- We make the shape of the croquettes, we pass first through breadcrumbs, then through beaten egg and again breadcrumbs, we put in the jar 150 gr. of sugar and two tablespoons of cinnamon and we program 1M PROGRESSIVE SPEED 5-10 and we reserve.
- Heat up the oil and when it is hot, put the croquettes on a paper towel to suck the excess fat, then heat them up with icing sugar mixed with a little cinnamon and leave to cool.